The Campus Times

The Student News Site of Campbellsville University

The Campus Times

The Campus Times

Jacob Hayes is making his mark at Campbellsville University

Jacob Hayes serves as a social media ambassador for Campbellsville University, and he’s the host for the popular After Chapel Chats series on Instagram, Tik Tok and Facebook

If you’re a student at Campbellsville University, you have likely seen Jacob Hayes.

“Jacob Hayes is a star here at Campbellsville University,” said Jay Sipes, one of Hayes’ best friends. “Everybody knows him on campus.”

Born and raised in Campbellsville, Hayes is currently a junior at Campbellsville University. On campus, he’s everywhere. He’s a freshman mentor for the business administration department, president of the band and of the choir, he’s involved with the worship team at the Vine on Tuesday nights, as well as church outreach. Hayes also serves as a social media ambassador and he’s the host for the popular After Chapel Chats series on Instagram, Tik Tok and Facebook.

“He is a great guy,” Sipes said. “Indeed, he personifies what it means to be a Christian. He cares a lot about people, and he always puts other people’s needs before his own.”

His personality tells a lot about him. He’s passionate, focused and very outgoing. Indeed, he loves what he does. He’s determined because he knows what he wants in life, and he loves being around people and interacting with them. All these traits can be seen in his After Chapel Chats videos, where his charisma and excitement stand out.

Kathryn Kang, a freshman at CU, said that she started to get to know Hayes because he was the “Chapel Chat guy.”

“At first, I was super scared of talking for the Chapel Chats, but then when I started to watch Hayes’ videos, I just love them,” she said. “He is hilarious and super funny.”

After a while, Kang joined the Chapel Chat and she remembers that, although she was nervous, Hayes put her at ease.

“I had so much fun with him,” she said.

The love Hayes has for Campbellsville University is very evident the minute you meet him.

Born and raised in Campbellsville, Jacob Hayes is currently a junior at Campbellsville University.

“My heart belongs to Campbellsville University, that is why I love being so involved here,” he said.

Hayes is not only busy in his college life, but he is also very involved off campus, too.

He works at Taylor County Bank as a financial service representative, and also at Rhonda Smith Realty’s real estate company as a social media manager and office assistant.

“I like to be busy,” Hayes said.  “I like to make money and I love learning.”

All these jobs are very different from each other, and they have helped Hayes learn a lot about finance and business.

“Even if they are very different, I am pretty sure that they will help my career,” he said.

According to Rhonda Smith, Hayes’s boss, he is very mature and knowledgeable for his age.

“Jacob’s vision for the future and his passion for learning make him very mature and a well-rounded person,” she said. “He is not only good at work, but he has so many qualities that shape his personality. It is so nice to be around him.”

In addition of being funny and extroverted, Hayes is a very talented musician and singer.

“Jacob’s relationship with music is strong and passionate,” said Collin White. “Jacob knows his musical skills are a gift from God, and he use his talents to praise the Lord for this blessing.”

Hayes has loved music since he was in middle school, which is when he joined his school’s band and learned how to play the trumpet, then the French horn and eventually he became a soloist and in the choir.

“There is just something about music that can be so moving to others,” Hayes said, “and I enjoy being a part of it.”