The Campus Times

The Student News Site of Campbellsville University

The Campus Times

The Campus Times

New “Chick” in town

On-campus Chick-Fil-A receives a makeover
Andrew Swift
The newly-renovated Chick-Fil-A officially opened to the public on Wednesday, March 6. Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Chick-Fil-A at Campbellsville University has been given a new look after a four-month renovation project. The remodeling included new tile, a new menu screen, an extended counter with two more servers and more menu options such as mac ‘n cheese, which is going to be added this September.

B.J. Atwood, the manager of Chick-Fil-A, Books ‘n Beans and Starbucks, is hoping the remodeling will attract more customers and increase customer satisfaction.

“We have new chutes which allow us to hold more food and get orders out to customers faster,” Atwood said. “We extended the back area of the store with the addition of a new walk-in freezer, cooler and stock room so that we can hold more product in hopes to serve people better.”

The renovation included new tile, a new menu screen, an extended counter with two more servers and more menu options such as mac ‘n cheese, which is going to be added this September. (Andrew Swift)

With so many things happening on campus, Atwood said the remodel was not purely a decision of Campbellsville University. It is a policy of Chick-Fil-A that all stores must be remodeled every few years.

The changes have also caught the eye of freshman Bethie Morrow, who has worked at Chick-Fil-A in her hometown of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

“I think the renovations look really nice,” said Morrow. “I had only seen the previous Chick-Fil-A here once on my visit about a year ago, and it looked kind of run down and didn’t seem to work very efficiently. So, seeing this new Chick-Fil-A and the addition of the front counter, everything just seems more organized.”

When comparing this Chick-Fil-A to the one Morrow worked at in Bowling Green, which also recently received a remodel, she said everything changed when the store got remodeled. According to her, it increased efficiency, which increased customer satisfaction, which then increased the number of customers coming to that restaurant. Morrow is excited to see changes happening around campus because it makes campus even more welcoming than it already is.

According to junior Noah Mardis, who has lived in Campbellsville his entire life, he has seen how Chick-Fil-A came to be at CU. While he’s satisfied with the renovations, he feels as if there are other things around campus that should be given a higher priority.

“I like the renovations because the one that was here before didn’t really have a young vibe to it,” said Mardis. “It seemed old and rundown compared to other Chick-Fil-A locations that I have been to. I like the addition of the digitalized menu because it brightens up the place. I think some of the renovations were necessary from a business standpoint, but I don’t think that a full renovation was necessary.”

Future projects to improve student life and satisfaction are in the planning process. These projects include new equipment at the Wellness Center, additional parking, and new dorms.

Chick-Fil-A officially opened to the public on Wednesday, March 6. Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.